2007 Building Community: Neighborhood Planning, Policy & Implementation, UAA graduate level course in Public Administration
1974 College of Human Ecology, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y. B.S. in Design and Environmental Analysis
1969 Bronx High School of Science, New York, N.Y.
2008 - Present
Anchorage Assembly serving West Anchorage
Past Chair, Assembly.
As Chair, Harriet served on all Assembly committees in an ex-officio capacity.
Drummond Design, Anchorage, Alaska
Self-employed graphic designer/owner of Drummond Design
Anchorage School Board, Seat F Elected official on the school board responsible for policy, financial decisions and oversight of District operations.
- Vice President,1997-1998;
- Clerk, 1994-95, 2000- 01;
- Audit Committee Chair 1997-98, 2000-01;
- Audit Committee, 1994-1998;
- Policy Committee 1994-95;
- Joint Assembly/Site Selection Committee 1995-1998;
- Liaison to the Federation of Community Councils 1995-97;
- Districtwide Technology Committee, 1995-96.
1979-1981 Graphic Designer VECO, Inc. Anchorage, Alaska Graphic Design/Public Relations/Photography
1977-1979 Graphic Designer Lane + Knorr + Plunkett, Architects and Planners, Anchorage, Alaska Graphic designer/model builder/photographer
1976-77 Paste-up Artist/Printing Apprentice Quality Litho and Ken Wray's Printing, Anchorage, Alaska
Community Service and Activities
- Current President of the Romig Park Improvement Board
- North Star Community Council, Chair, 2007,
- Delegate to Federation of Community Councils, 2002-2007,
- Recording Secretary, 1996-2003,
- Planning, Zoning and Liquor License Chair, 1996-97.
- Midtown Plan Advisory Group member, 2006-2007
- Federation of Community Councils, Chair of Delegate Board, January 2003-January 2004
- Friends of the Library, Board Member, 1994-1997.
- North Star Elementary PTA, President, Treasurer, Legislative Liaison, 1989-1994;
- North Star Elementary Building Committee and Art Jury, 1993-96;
- West High School Parent Store, The Eagles Cache, Manager, 2003-2005
- Secretary, Board of Directors, Romig Park Improvement Company, Inc., a private neighborhood not-for-profit water utility, since 1991.
- Member, West Anchorage ASD Facilities Task Force, 1993-94
- Friend of Education, Anchorage Education Association, 1991-92
- Charter member and past president/treasurer, Anchorage Chapter American Institute of Graphic Arts, 1986-1992.
- Parish Council Treasurer, 1997-2001, Holy Transfiguration Greek Orthodox Church, Anchorage.
Resident of Anchorage since 1976, has lived in House District 16 almost continuously since then, homeowner in the district since 1984. Married, one adult son, two adult stepdaughters.